Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let it Snow







If one goes to http://www.seattlepi.com/ and clicks on the 5-day forecast, one finds many different ways to politely say "It's %&*-ing FREEZING!" You've got today, Tuesday, 'Quite cold with sunshine', Wednesday, 'Cold with snow at times', Thursday, 'Cold. A snow shower', Friday, 'Very Cold', and Saturday, 'Clouds and sun (hope-giving, but then:) Very Cold.' The HI on Saturday is 26 degrees. I'm trying to figure out the best way to break this to my dear friend who is unwittingly flying into icy cold hell, all the way from sunny Los Angeles. I guess this is that way, since she gets an email alert every time I post a blog. Please, please do still come to visit, Erin.

The bright side is how incredibly beautiful everything looks with a fresh white blanket. Mt. Rainier, which you can see if you stand on your tiptoes in the corner of my living room, is striking and massive, and easy to see because of the cold clear skies (oddly enough, the best view of Rainier is from the Target parking lot on Union Ave). It's fun to watch Ellis discover chilly wind--he was laughing uncontrollably as I rolled him in his stroller, wind whipping around us, to the bus stop the other day. I looked up to see all the drivers in line at the red light laughing at him--his eyes were wild and he was flailing his hands. Hands that he refuses to keep mittened, although he seems to be giving in a little bit as he learns that they will keep him warm.

All the snow and cold surely add to the Christmas vibe--and remind me how incredibly fortunate I am to have a home. I was barely able to walk to the shed, about a fifteen foot 'walk', last night. I couldn't imagine trying to survive in this bitter cold without my family and my home. I am so lucky.

So, Happy Holidays everyone! Remember all that you already have...and let it snow! (Just don't make me drive in it).

3 comments:

Courtney and Paul said...

Jenni,

I didn't know you had a blog, but I saw you commented on Gretchen's blog and now, through the wonder of the world, wide, web, here I am checking out the awesome Ellis!

We have a blog also, but it's private. I will gladly invite you, but need your email address. Send it to me or send it through Chad to Paul and we'll hook you up!

Hope to see you guys again soon - any chance you'll be touring the Midwest again?

Courtney

Erin said...

OMG! I am just seeing this blog entry right now!!! Wow... I think I would have reconsidered coming if I'd seen the entry. Of course.. non-refundable airfare and all! J/K You could be in tsunami weather and I'd still visit. In a boat. (OK maybe not... I get seasick.)

Erin said...

And for the record I don't get an e-mail when you post... it feeds to my desktop. But since I was fixing my computer for the whole last month that wasn't actually working.